Thursday, March 30, 2006

It brings Joy


Crisp, dry leaves...

As i stepped on it/them,
The sound of it...is like music to my ears. An amalgamation of crackling resonance.

The sensation it brings, a sudden gush of exhilaration.
Wanting me to go for one step, another, and then another.
One big leap, make it two, three, and then another, here...there, everywhere there is one dry leaf.


The colors, though desiccated, sign of demised beauty...still brings joy and smile to my very existence.

I don't know why, but for me...its magic.

Dry leaves...any size, any type as long as it is not soggy, brings me in high spirit...always!

1 notes:

Quentin said...

you know what, I feel the same thing. that's why if our native Pinas has four seasons, I'd choose autumn as my favorite.

that's the time when the leaves are mostly on the ground instead of the trees and they're extra crunchy too XD